Honda Civic is very helpful for users. It indicates how much oil remains in the vehicle and when we need to implement oil maintenance. Once you’ve changed your oil, the Honda Civic light, which was little orange before, will disappear. If this doesn’t happen, you need to reset the Honda Civic again. The Dover technicians always reset it whenever they do the repairs or maintenance on your vehicles.
To ensure that you can Reset The Oil Life On Honda Civic and Maintenance light on your own, follow these instructions for better practice.
How To Reset Oil Life On A Newer Honda Civic
On the newer model of Honda Civics, disposing of the oil light is slightly different from older models. Perform the following actions:
- To turn on the car’s power without starting the engine, press the ignition button.
- Press the Menu button twice on the left side of the steering wheel (the one with the small “i” on it).
- Hold down “Enter” until the maintenance screen appears.
- Scroll through the options on the screen until you find the option for oil life (typically “Item A”).
- Hold down “Enter” until the oil life gets to 100%.
Related post: What Synthetic Oil Does A Honda Civic Take
How To Reset Oil Life On An Older Honda Civic
On older models, removing the Honda Civic oil light is more manageable. That’s a good thing, as you don’t want to be travelling throughout Saco in an older car without knowing if it’s due for an oil change!
- Turn on the engine without switching on the power.
- Hold the “SEL/RESET” button down until the oil life indicator blinks, then let free.
- Hold the “SEL/RESET” button until the indicator stops blinking. The percentage indicator also returns to 100%.
How To Reset The Honda Oil Maintenance Light
When you change the oil and filter or your Honda’s maintenance light comes on, you’ll need to reset the maintenance minder system.
Qualified Honda dealers will update your maintenance minder system as part of the service. If you had the service done somewhere else or changed the oil yourself, directly reset the oil maintenance light on a Honda from 2007 or later with a few simple steps.
Schedule Service At Dover Honda
Of course, when you come to Dover Honda for your future oil change, you won’t be worried about this at all. Our Honda technicians are professionals who know what they’re doing. We also make it simple for you to receive service. Did you know you can arrange a service appointment online? We also have service coupons to maintain your vehicle in excellent condition and even more economical. We’re close to Stratham, so see us, or don’t hesitate to contact us now! Take a look at even more informative service instructions like how to repair a Honda key fob battery and so much more!
More From Dover Honda
2022 Honda Accord Interior Design has the latest in-cabin technology, thoughtfully crafted furnishings, and convenience features. Explore the design of the Honda Accord below, then visit us in Dover for a test drive! Obtain financing right now!
2022 Honda Civic MPG Ratings: When you choose the Honda Civic as your next sedan, you will be able to obtain fuel-efficient performance. The Honda Civic’s fuel economy is excellent, with figures of 31 mpg city/40 mpg highway* even in the base-level LX with an M-CVT.
The Honda Civic has had efficiency and dependability with its drivers for a long time. As a result, compact sedans are a popular choice among those looking for a dependable vehicle.
What Factors Impact Oil Life In My Civic?
Several factors, such as the engine temperature and load, the speed at which you drive on the roads, and the distance you drive in miles and hours, can impact the oil life in your Civic. Although the oil light can notify the low oil level, you should also regularly check the oil level. In this way, you can detect potential issues before they are more severe.
When your Honda Civic’s oil light appears before your average oil change, it could indicate that the Honda Maintenance Minder™ System has a low oil level. In this situation, the oil is degrading faster. Therefore, it’s crucial to make an appointment at our Asheville Service Center at the soonest.
Resetting The Honda Oil Maintenance Light In 4 Steps
Here are four steps for resetting the oil maintenance light
- Switch the ignition to “on” (one click before starting the engine).
- Select/Reset can be found on your steering wheel or as a knob on your dashboard. Scroll or press the knob repeatedly until “Engine Oil Life” or “Engine Oil Indicator per cent” is shown, depending on your model.
- For 10 seconds, hold down the Select/Reset button to see the oil indicator flicker.
- Select Reset mode by pushing the Info button on the steering wheel if your display says “Engine Oil Life.” Then, to restore your oil life to 100%, select the Select/Reset button.
What Is The Honda Maintenance Minder System?
The Maintenance Minder system includes your oil maintenance light. In 2006, Honda launched the Maintenance Minder system, which alerts drivers when their vehicles need to go under regular maintenance. The technology calculates when we should perform periodic maintenance and how to utilise your Honda.
Related Post: Best Oil Extractors
What Affects The Life Of My Engine Oil?
The key elements that affect engine oil life are distance, temperature, trip duration, engine load, engine speed, and vehicle speed. When your engine maintenance light appears before the 5,000-mile oil change, The Maintenance Minder system projects early errors of the components in your oil according to the engine and using conditions.
The engine and other components of your Honda Civic are equipped with several helpful warning lights to keep you informed about their status. When manually resetting the oil maintenance light on a Honda Civic, consult the owner’s manual for detailed instructions, as the processes for the reset differ from model to model.